4 -5 large
( use over-ripe, black or defrosted bananas)
1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup rice bran oil or 1 cup
- Mash bananas until mushy.
- Beat in eggs and oil.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans, or 2 x 12 muffin pans, or one of each.
- Bake at 200°C Loaf/loaves for 30 minutes or muffins for 15 minutes.
- Spoon topping on in the centre gently as the loaves or muffins will sink a little. Allow space for caramel coconut to spread.
- Return to the oven for another 20 minutes (Loaves or muffins).
- In a saucepan melt butter on low to medium heat.
- Add sugar and dissolve, keep stirring so it doesn't burn on the bottom.
- Add milk and coconut, Stir until combined.
- Keep warm until ready to spoon onto banana bread.