1 1/2 cups
bananas, well-mashed very ripe
brown sugar, firmly packed
butter, melted and cooled
2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 teaspoons
walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In medium bowl, stir together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, bananas, brown sugar, sour cream, butter, rum, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Divide batter among four 5x3 inch loaf pans that have been coated with no stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon raw sugar over each loaf.
- Bake in 350F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack before slicing.