4 -5 sheets
frozen puff pastry, thawed
garlic cloves, chopped finely
onion, diced finely
1 1/2 teaspoons
finely grated gingerroot
potatoes, peeled and cut into very small cubes
salt and pepper
vegetables, mixed diced very small
finely chopped fresh coriander
- In a wok or pan, heat a little oil and fry chopped garlic until golden add onion and ginger.
- Add in the minced meat and fry for 2 minutes breaking up the meat into small pieces. ( I use a separate pan to fry the meat and drain off excess fats, then add the meat to the onion mixture).
- Add potatoes, cook for further 2-4 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, water, sugar salt and pepper and simmer over a medium low heat stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until the potatoes are almost soft. (About 10 - 15 minutes).
- You may need to add a little extra water if there is no sauce left.
- Add in the mixed vegetables and coriander last and cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes until the vegetables are just starting to soften.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Cut the puff pastry into 4 inch by 4 inch squares.
- Put some filling onto one half of the square.
- Brush edges with a little water and fold over pastry to make a rectangle or triangle shape.
- Use a fork press the sides together to seal the edges of the puff pastry, and also the makes a nice pattern.
- Brush the puffs with the egg wash (beaten egg).
- Bake in a preheated oven 185°C until a nice golden colour. (about 10 minutes).
- Arrange the curry puffs on a serving platter and serve with dipping sauce.