capers, drained and finely chopped
- Place the flour, salt and capers in a strong plastic bag, shake vigorously to coat.
- Cut the squid into rings approx 1cm wide. Pat dry and add these, and the tentacles, to the flour and capers. Shake again until completely covered.
- Deep-fry in small batches for a couple of minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and allow to drain on kitchen towel.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired, before serving.