1 1/2 tablespoons
low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
( neutral in taste)
- Clean the carrots and then grate them coarsely. Put into a pan and add starch and 100g of the jam. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add almonds and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar in a bowl. Add curd cheese, oil and milk and knead into a soft dough (using your mixer first and then your hands). Roll out onto a slightly floured surface and roll out into a rectangle.
- Spread the carrot-jam-mixture onto the dough. Roll up carefully starting from the long side.
- Cut the roll into 8-10 pieces and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 190°C in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat rest of the jam (50g) and spread onto swirls when coming out of the oven.
- Serve hot or cold with whipped cream, ice-cream or plain.