2 1/2 teaspoons
5 1/2 cups
whole wheat flour
- In a mixer bowl add water, oil, honey, yeast, salt and white flour mix together.
- Add 3 cups of whole wheat flour and blend together.
- Add remaining flour in small amounts to get a firm but elastic texture (more flour may be added if needed).
- Knead on high speed for 10 minutes. Dough should be firm but elastic.
- Form into 2 loaves and place in well greased loaf pans. Let rise until doubled in size. (Could be covered with a damp kitchen dish towel) about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. (if you press on the dough at the corner of the pan it should dimple (or leave an indentation) when ready).
- Bake at 350'F for 30-45 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped (if necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 5-10 minutes of baking to prevent over browning) Immediately remove bread from pans. Cool Completely on wire racks.