thinly sliced round steaks
garlic cloves, chopped fine
bacon, cooked and crumbled
( or REAL bacon bits)
hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 1/2 teaspoons
oregano leaves, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons
2 (16 ounce) cans
dry red wine
- Place steaks between waxed paper or plastic wrap- pound until very thin.
- Cut steaks into serving size pieces (about 8), or you can roll the whole thing and tie with string (That's how I do it!) Combine garlic, crumbs, egg, bacon, 1 1/2 tsp oregano, cheese, parsley flakes, 1/2 tsp salt 1/8 teaspoons pepper, 1 tbs. olive oil.
- Spoon equal amounts of this mixture on steaks.
- Roll steak and tie with string, or secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown rolls.
- Transfer to oven proof casserole.
- Add tomatoes, onion powder, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper.
- Simmer, covered (or bake in 350 degree oven) for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add water if necessary- Add wine and cook another 10 minute.
- Serve with pasta.