butternut squash, peeled and dice 1/2-inch
garlic cloves, minced
lime, juice and zest of
yellow curry powder
thai red chili paste
low sodium vegetable broth
- To prepare the squash: After peeling, halve and scoop out the seeds, then dice into 1/2-inch cubes. You should have 3-4 cups.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot, add onion, squash, garlic, ginger, lime zest, and curry powder. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
- Add the chili paste along with 1/2 cup water, stirring to mix.
- Then add broth. bring to boil, then reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the rice and simmer another 10-15 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Add coconut milk, then heat through. Salt to taste.
- Just before serving, stir in the lime juice.
- For extra kick, add more chili paste!