jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
cream cheese, softened
( one 8-ounce package cream cheese)
1 (2 1/4 ounce) packages
dry onion soup mix
fresh minced garlic
hamburger buns, split
- Set grill to medium heat.
- Oil the grill grates.
- In a bowl stir together the softened cream cheese with jalapeno pepper; mix until combined.
- In a bowl combine the ground beef with onion soup mix and garlic, then add whatever other seasonings you desire, egg, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, etc (do not add in any extra salt to the ground beef mixture as the dry onion soup mixture already has enough salt).
- Divide into 16 equal portions.
- Pat out each portion to about 1/3-inch thickness (can make a little larger if desired).
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese into the center of 8 patty (do not spread out the mixture).
- Top with remaining patties, pressing down the edges to seal the meat together.
- Grill for about 10 minutes per side or until well done (do NOT press down on the burgers while cooking or this will make the cheese come out).
- Serve on buns with favorite toppings.