1 2/3 cups
strawberries, small, hulled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine milk, butter, and egg.
- Add dry ingredients to milk mixture and mix gently until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them not quite two-thirds full and reserving 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the batter to top the muffins.
- Put one teaspoon of jam and one small berry in each muffin, then spoon reserved batter on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack.