finely chopped pitted, peeled mangoes
( about 3 pounds)
1 1/2 cups
crushed red raspberries
( about 1 1/2 pints)
1 (1 3/4 ounce) packages
5 1/2 cups
- Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine mangoes, raspberries, lemon juice and pectin in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rim clean. Screw band down evenly and firmly just until a point of resistance is met - fingertip tight.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Yields about seven 8-ounce jars.