garlic cloves, finely chopped
McCormick grill seasoning, such a Mc Cormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
fresh ground pepper
extra virgin olive oil
1 (8 ounce) packages
buttermilk biscuit mix, such as Jiffy brand
blue cheese, crumbles
watercress, trimmed and cleaned
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high heat.
- Mix together the garlic, grill seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil. Pour into a glass dish.
- Add the flank steak and coat it evenly in the marinade. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is marinating, prepare the biscuits. Place the biscuit mix in a bowl, add the blue cheese crumbles, and mix with a fork to distribute.
- Add water, according to the package directions. Once combined, dump the biscuit mix out on a cutting board (I added flour to the board before hand so it wouldn't stick).
- Using your fingertips, press out the mix into a 1-inch-thick square. Divide the square with a knife into 4 squares.
- Arrange the biscuits on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the biscuits are cooked through and the bottoms are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Grill the flank steak for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or to your preferred doneness.
- Remove the flank steak from the grill and let the juices redistribute before slicing.
- Thinly slice the tomato and coarsely chop the watercress; reserve.
- To serve, thinly slice the rested meat on an angle, cutting against the grain. To make easy work of the slicing, use a sharp knife. Split each of the four biscuits in half.
- Arrange a slice or two of tomato on the bottom of each biscuit. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top the tomatoes with some of the sliced steak.
- Top that with a dollop of sour cream and a little of the chopped watercress. Set the biscuit top in place or slightly to the side.