large shrimp, peeled and deveined
ground black pepper, divided
chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
( about 2 ounces)
boneless skinless chicken thighs, quartered
garlic cloves, minced
saffron thread, crushed
( Arborio or other short grain type)
fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
frozen green pea
( about 3/4 pound)
2 1/2 tablespoons
roasted red peppers, chopped
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Add shrimp to pan; saute 4 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl.
- Add chorizo to pan and cook for 1 minute or until browned.
- Add chorizo to bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Add chicken to pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add onion and garlic to pain; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomato, capers and saffron; cook 1 minute.
- Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon alt, rice, wine and broth to pan; bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add shrimp mixture, peas, 1/4 cup water, and mussels to pan.
- Cover and cook 8 minutes over medium heat or until mussels open; discard any unopened shells.
- Remove from heat, and stir in bell peppers and cilantro.
- Let stand 3 minutes.