( cut into 2-inch cubes)
yellow onion, chopped
garlic cloves, chopped
( 1/4 cup real bacon bits)
1/4 cup lard or 1/4 cup
2 (8 ounce) cans
- Heat large pot over high heat and melt lard/oil. Add Onions and Garlic and sauté till light golden color.
- Add beef and all the herbs and spices. Stir the spices so they cover the meat and cook till meat is browned.
- Add bacon bits and continue to cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree, bring to a slow boil and then reduce to simmer for 1.5 hours stirring every 15 minutes, until meat is fork tender.
- Serve over steamed rice, with grated sharp cheddar cheese, and sour cream.