2 (878.83 g) can
garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
( reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
lemon juice, freshly squeezed
reserved garbanzo bean liquid
garlic cloves, put through a press
extra virgin olive oil
- Put beans, tahini paste, lemon juice, bean liquid, cumin, salt and garlic into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse to chop, 10 times, then process 60 seconds; scrape the work bowl.
- With the machine running, add the oil in a slow and steady stream; process until the hummus is smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Allow the hummus to sit for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend. Serve in a shallow bowl, drizzled with a little EVOO if desired.
- Serve with pita chips or wedges and vegetable crudites.