1 1/2 lbs
sweet potatoes, cut in chunks and peeled
fresh ginger, grated
( preferably made from nonfat milk)
- Preheat oven to 350, and spritz a one-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the sweet potato in whatever way you prefer, so that they are tender enough to mash. When the sweet potato chunks are cool enough to handle, mash until completely smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to sweet potatoes (except for pecans), and continue mashing until everything is incorporated evenly.
- Turn the mixture into a prepared baking dish and top with pecan halves.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until top is slightly brown.
- Note: You can prepare the whole thing in advance and refrigerate it, then pop it into the oven right before the meal. Increase cooking time by ten minutes.