grated lemon zest
1 3/4 cups
2 1/2 teaspoons
- Toss blueberries with 2 tbsp of the sugar and the lemon zest in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the flour, the remaining 1/2 c sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Whisk the milk, oil, and egg in a bowl until blended.
- Pour this mixture into the well and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in blueberry mixture carefully.
- Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dip warm muffins in the glaze mixture and then in the sugar.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- For the glaze: Combine the butter and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.