( best quality)
( I often reduce to 1 3/4)
free range eggs
1 1/4 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
3 -4 tablespoons
( enough to make a thick icing)
miniature chocolate egg
( approx. 30)
- Melt the margarine in a large heatproof bowl in the microwave.
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Mix well then beat in the eggs.
- Fold in the sifted flour, baking powder & finally the walnuts if you're using them.
- Pour into a dish (approx 9x13) lined with greased tin foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C / 350F for 30-40 minutes (depend on how gooey you like them!).
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing, sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl. Carefully add a little water at a time until you have a nice thick icing.
- Carefully spoon over the brownie and spread out evenly using a pallet knife. Allow the icing to set for a few minutes before adding the sprinkles (so they don't absorb moisture and leach out).
- Score into approx 2" squares using a sharp knife and place a chocolate mini egg in the centre of each square.
- When the icing has set you can then cut the brownie into the squares.
- Store in an airtight container.