firmly packed light brown sugar
uncooked Quaker Oats
1/3 cup cold butter or 1/3 cup
margarine, cut into pieces
ripe bananas, mashed
( 1 cup)
1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
chopped pecans, toasted
( I use any nuts and don't toast them)
- Combine first three ingredients for streusel topping.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Chill streusel.
- Beat banana and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl just until smooth.
- Don't overmix.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add to banana mixture
- Stir just until moistened.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into (3) (5-3/4 x 3-1/4 inch) greased disposable mini loaf pans or Can use regular size loaf pans but will only make 2.
- Sprinkle each loaf evenly with streusel topping.
- Bake at 350 for 35 min or until knife comes out fairly clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minute Remove and continue to cool on wire rack.
- You can put back in pans for gift giving.
- (I omit the step of taking out of pans and it has worked out fine).