fresh lemon juice
chopped fresh rosemary
split broiling chicken halves
salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, rosemary, and garlic.
- Transfer to a shallow glass dish large enough to hold chicken in a single layer; set aside.
- Remove wing tips from split broilers; trim off excess fat and excess skin.
- Place chicken between 2 sheet of plastic wrap and flatten slightly with a meat mallet (for more even cooking).
- Place chicken in dish with marinade, turning to coat.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade; drain, reserving marinade.
- Bring marinade to a boil on the stovetop, and cook for 3 minutes at a rapid boil; allow to cool.
- Place chicken, bone side down, on grill over medium-hot coals or medium setting; cook, covered for 10-15 minutes until golden brown, watching for little fires.
- Turn chicken over; cook for 10-15 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Stir honey and dijon mustard into marinade; brush over chicken and cook, turning and brushing with marinade, 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut into serving size pieces and serve.