submarine rolls, halved
( can use more butter if desired)
1 (8 ounce) cans
sliced mushrooms, well drained
( can use fresh sauteed sliced mushrooms)
onion, thinly sliced
green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
seasoning salt (to taste) or
white salt & freshly ground black pepper
( to taste)
thinly sliced cooked beef
8 slices mozzarella cheese or 8
- Preheat both sides of the electric griddle to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl mix the soft butter with garlic powder.
- Lightly butter all of the roll halves.
- Place on the grill buttered side down and toast until lightly browned; remove and place on a plate/s, then place 2 slices of cheese over 4 bread halves; set aside.
- On one half of the grill place the mushrooms, onion slices and bell pepper, then season lightly with seasoned salt and black pepper.
- On the other side of the grill place the roast beef then season the beef lightly with freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Cook stirring each group separately as they cook.
- When the veggies are tender and the beef is hot divide the hot beef onto the cheese slices then top with the veggies.
- Top with the remaining bread halves.