plain nonfat yogurt
( soaked clean)
oranges, halved into half moons
( for garnish)
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice, orange peel, and cayenne. Let chill for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Soak asparagus in water for 10 minutes. Break off woody ends (ends can be used to make a vegetable stock). Purists scrape off the bud triangles on the stalk (I am not a purist.).
- Set a round wire cooling rack (for cake pans or cookies) in a large frying pan. Pour water up to 1/4-inch below the cooling rack. Place asparagus on top of cooling rack. If necessary, form a second layer at a 90-degree angle to the first layer. Cover.
- Heat frying pan on medium-high heat to steam asparagus for 7 minutes.
- Place steamed asparagus spears on plates and top with a dollop of orange sauce. Garnish each serving with 2 half moons of orange slices.