( 1/2 cup)
water, icy cold
- Set out the solid margarine stick for a while on the kitchen counter to soften it.
- Mix flour, salt,and margarine with one hand in small bowl-1 1/2 quart size. You do not want the mixture to get too warm. Use your other hand to hold bowl or use 2 knives which is what I do.
- Mix until you have pea-sized pebbles.
- Chill for 30 minutes (or freeze and later defrost and continue with remaining directions).
- Remove bowl from refrigerator; add 1 tablespoon of icy cold water. Add more if you need to.
- Mix with one hand until mixture sticks together in a ball. Use other hand only to hold the bowl.
- Put additional flour onto counter and rolling pin.
- Roll dough into a circle for your pie.