white chocolate chips
( plumped in brandy or cognac)
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Scrape the vanilla bean into the butter and combine. Add the rice and saute for a minute or two.
- Add the sugar and one-third of the half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, until most of the half-and-half has been absorbed.
- Add the second third of the half-and-half; cook, stirring constantly, until most of it is absorbed by the rice.
- Continue adding the remaining half-and-half in small portions, stirring and waiting for the liquid to be absorbed between each addition.
- When rice is nearly finished, drain the cherries (reserving the alcohol) and add to the rice. Add the white chocolate and stir until completely melted and combined.
- Once the white chocolate has melted, do NOT put it back on the heat. Serve immediately, with a splash of heavy cream if it suits you.