1 (12 ounce) cans
1 (10 ounce) jars
( green tomato and chili)
seasoning salt and pepper
- Rinse roast and place in crock pot.
- Season (I just sprinkled mine with some Lawry's and pepper).
- Add a cup of water, add onion.
- Cook covered on high for 3-4 hours or until fork tender.
- Pour off excess liquid and shred roast with a fork.
- Add beans and salsa. I used a small roast and just one can of beans and one jar of salsa - the quantities can be doubled or tripled depending on the size of your crew.
- Cover and let the flavors meld for an hour.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chive sprinkles (adding even more green and whiteness).