boneless beef chuck steak, cut in serving size pieces
green pepper, sliced
( I used frozen red, green & yellow peppers)
nonfat beef broth
- Season meat with salt.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Coat with spray oil and add beef.
- Brown beef on both sides.
- Remove beef from skillet and add onions and peppers.
- Saute onions and peppers (and mushrooms, if using) about 3 minutes.
- Add beef broth to skillet.
- Return beef to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Mix together water and cornstarch and add to skillet.
- Stir constantly until gravy is thickened.
- Pour gravy over meat and serve.