beets, large, scrubbed clean
nonstick cooking spray
salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using the slicing blade of your food processor, a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice beets thinly. You want them to be the size of a potato chip.
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet, spray with nonstick spray and season with salt.
- Roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning halfway through, until crisp. Check often to make sure they don't burn. you may need to roast for a shorter or longer period of time depending on your oven and how crisp you want them - so keep an eye on them. :).
- serve as is, or with sour cream or another favourite dip.