2 -3 small
green pepper, diced
1 (14 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes, drained
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/4 cups
- Cut zucchini into 1/2 inch strips. Boil in salted water until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter and saute onion and green pepper in a sauce pan. Add tomatoes and chili powder. Cook for 5 minutes and add zucchini.
- Blend melted butter with cracker crumbs. Layer 1/2 of zucchini mixture, 1/2 of cracker crumbs and 1/2 of cheese.
- Add remaining zucchini mixture, 1/2 of cheese and 1/2 of cracker crumbs.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in a 340 degree oven.
- Note: Yellow squash may be substituted for zucchini.