2 1/2 cups
4 (6 ounce)
( 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick)
( or EVOO)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 2 tablespoons
fresh Baby Spinach
- Put the rice in a small sauce pan. I like to rinse my rice by placing in a sieve and running under cold water. This rids the rice of excess starch powder and broken rice which makes the cooked rice mushy and sticky. Add just enough water to cover the top of the rice by 1/2 inch (approx. 3 cups) Cover the pot with the lid. Place over medium to medium high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for at least another 10 minutes, until the water is completely absorbed. Turn off burner and allow rice to sit, covered, for at least another 5 minutes. Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper and stir to fluff.
- IN THE MEANTIME, sprinkle the fish with the rest of the salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side (less for thinner filets) or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Add wine, juice, and capers to the pan; cook one minute.
- Add butter to pan, stirring until butter melts. Remove fish and sauce from pan; keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towel, add spinach and saute one minute or until wilted.
- Place 1/4 of the rice on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1/4 of the spinach, one fish filet, and 1/4 of the sauce.