vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
fresh ground pepper
1 (453.59 g)
ham steak, boneless and fully-cooked
unsweetened apple juice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and pepper in butter until crisp tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cut ham steak into 4 pieces and in the same skillet, brown ham on both sides.
- While ham is browning, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; then pour over ham.
- Bring juices to a boil and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat and spread apple butter over ham.
- Top with sauteed onion.
- Cover pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.