white chcolate almond bark
semi-sweet chocolate chips
green food coloring
- Line bottom and sides of a 8x12 inch glass dish with waxpaper.
- Combine 2/3 of candy coating and the chocolate chips in a 4 cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave on high uncovered, 2 1/2-3 minutes or until mixture is softened.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread 1/2 of the chocolate in bottom of baking dish.
- Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes. (allow remaining chocolate to stand at room temp.).
- Place remaining candy coating in 2 cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave on high uncovered, 1 1/2 -2 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring. (mixture will become very stiff).
- Mix in cream until spreading consistency.
- Spread over chilled chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- Spread remaining chocolate mixture over mint layer.
- chill until set.
- Before serving, allow to warm to room temperature, then, holding onto waxed paper edges, lift mints from pan.
- Cut into serving pieces, about 1 inch or smaller as desired.
- Mints need to be at room temperature to cut without the chocolate breaking.