( do not use skim milk)
cheddar cheese, grated
( or use fresh parsley or even a bit of garlic)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Grease 10-12 cups in a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Cook broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 inch of water for 6 minutes or microwave in a dish with a little water, cover and cook on HIGH until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Let broccoli cool slightly, then chop into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream, eggs, and egg yolks.
- Stir in cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add chopped broccoli to the mixture.
- Put muffin tin on baking sheet and then ladle egg mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup.
- Bake until lightly browned and no longer jiggly in center, about 25-35 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then run a knife around each quiche.
- Place a clean baking sheet on top of muffin pan and invert to unmold quiches.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.