1 1/2 cups
- In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast and sugar over 4 tablespoons of the warm water and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Place the flour in a bowl and make a well in the center. Pour in the yeast mixture and the remaining water. Mix everything to form a dough.
- Turn it onto a floured board and knead until smooth.
- Return dough to the bowl, cover and let it stand in a warm place for about an hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down, cover again and let it stand for 20 minutes longer.
- Knead the dough again and shape into rolls.
- Bring the water in the bottom of a steamer to a boil. Place the rolls in the steamer, leaving a 1- inch gap between them. Cook for 10 minutes or until firm and cooked through.
- Serve them hot.