ground sausage, cooked
dried onion, chopped
2 (850.48 g) can pinto beans or 2 (850.48 g) can
great northern beans
2 (850.48 g) can
2 (226.79 g) can mild green chilies or 2 (226.79 g) can
hot green chili peppers
shredded monterey jack cheese, for each burrito
14.79 ml sour cream or 14.79 ml
cream cheese, for each burrito
20-24 corn tortillas or 20-24
- Cook the sausage and break apart,when almost cooked add the onions and the water, turn the heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes until water is absorbed and onions tender and cooked. Set aside. Do not drain the grease.
- Mash beans in a 2 quart baking container with the juice.
- Add the sausage and onions and liquid from the pan.
- Add the chilies with juice and cornmeal.
- Add the spices and stir in until mixed well.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Cover dish and bake 25 minutes.
- Uncover and take spatula and go around the sides of dish and mix in baked crust.
- that is on the sides. Cool. This will set up.
- Put a damp towel in the microwave and heat 4- 5 tortillas, corn or flour at a time.
- Assemble line the warm tortillas.
- Spread cream cheese or sour cream. down the center. yOU MAY SPREAD AROUND AND COVER THE WHOLE TORTILLA IF YOU WISH.
- Then the cooled spiced sausage bean mixture on lower 3rd. Do not overload.
- Then top with cheese.
- Tuck ends in and roll up. Seam side down.
- I place in a 9 X13 pan until I get all of the burritos completed. Sometime I put a large sheet of waxed paper on top of the row of burritos in the pan, layer the next row and freeze. Then I take out and repackage. Your method of choice.
- Double plastic bag each one or place waxed paper between each burrito and fill large freeze bags with burritos.
- To microwave take burrito out of freezer bag, set microwave on 2 minutes at 80% power for 1200 watt microwave. Try it on 1 minute incraments, all microwaves heat differently.