cream of tartar
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
- Sift dry ingredients, cut in butter with pastry cutter or two knives.
- In a small bowl mix egg slightly and then add orange juice.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture and add liquid ingredients.
- Stir lightly, add raisins and mix just until raisins are incorporated .
- This will be quite sticky, turn out onto well floured surface.
- Split in half.
- You can use a cookie sheet now and with well floured hands push each into a circle about 6-8 inches, they should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 triangular pieces but do not separate.
- Bake at 425°-450° for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven when they are a nice golden color.