1 (1 1/2-2 lb) bags
frozen hash browns, thawed
( I use Ore-Ida)
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans
cream of potato soup
8 -16 ounces
shredded cheddar cheese
( as much as you'd like, we like it really cheesy!)
finely chopped onion
salt & pepper
( to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine thawed hash browns, soup, sour cream, and onion (if using) in a large bowl and mix until the hash browns are well coated.
- Stir in cheddar cheese gradually until desired amount is reached and then sprinkle with a little salt and pepper for the last few turns of your spoon.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 9x13 cake pan and gently pat down to flatten.
- Sprinkle the top with just a bit more pepper (mainly for presentation, can also add a bit more salt if desired) and then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, then uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!