( preferably leftovers as they need to be chilled)
marinara sauce, warmed
( or any tomato sauce)
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Stir 1 egg in a large bowl to blend. Mix in the potatoes and the flour. Using a generous 1/2 cup of potato mixture for each, form the potato mixture into pancakes (you should only get 4).
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan. Fry the pancakes until they are golden brown, about 2 min per side. Place on paper towels to drain. Keep pancakes in oven to keep warm. Pour oil off pan.
- Heat the pan. Cook eggs to taste, either with yolks runny or hard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce onto 4 plates (or double up on 2). Place a pancake atop the sauce. Top each pancake with a fried egg. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.