salt and pepper, to taste
- Gently place the eggs in a small pot of warm water (make sure the water covers the egg!) and bring to a boil for about 13 minutes.
- Drain, and submerge into ice-cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Peel the eggs and remove the yolk from one of them. Dice the remaining eggs or mash slightly with a fork.
- (Here I cheated and put them in the freezer for about 2 minutes so that it would cool down rapidly.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper (to taste) to eggs. Mash with a fork until desired texture - I like mine slightly chunky.
- On one slice of bread, spread about 1/3 of egg mixture.
- Top with a leaf of lettuce, then a slice of tomato.
- Continue until all filling is used up.