extra virgin olive oil
red onion, chopped
chopped red pepper
chopped yellow pepper
chopped green pepper
garlic cloves, minced
baba ghanoush eggplant dip
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onions and spice blend until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add peppers, salt, pepper and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add arugula.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
- Stir in Baba Gannouj.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface.
- Brush entire sheet lightly with olive oil. Lay second sheet on top. Cut into 4 strips lengthwise.
- Place 1/8th of filling mixture at one end of each strip.
- Fold phyllo over to make a triangle. Continue the triangle fold to the end of the strip.
- Fold remaining strips. Repeat with remaining 2 sheets of phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with remaining olive oil. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Serve with additional Baba Gannouj.