yellow onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups
fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 lbs chicken breasts or 2 lbs chicken thighs or 2 lbs
- Mix all ingredients, except cilantro and meat in medium sauce pan.
- Simmer over medium heat about 15 minutes or until onions are soft but not clear.
- Cool completely. (Instead of adding water above, I add ice cubes at this stage.).
- Place chicken in a baking pan and pour mixture over the chickent.
- Marinade at least 1 hour, preferably over night. If the sauce doesn't completely cover the meat, turn it over half way through.
- If baking, pour out half the liquid and cover with finely chopped cilantro.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until meat is cooked through (depending on type of meat and size of pieces).
- If grilling, then grill and add the cilantro after cooking.