bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed
minced roasted garlic
1 1/4-1 1/2 lbs
olive oil, divided
6 -8 drops
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the thawed spinach in the center of a kitchen towel. Holding the towel over the sink, twist it to squeeze excess water out of the spinach.
- Open the towel and place the spinach in a food processor, along with the pine nuts, blue cheese, and garlic. Pulse until the ingredients form a thick paste.
- Place the flank steak flat on a work surface and using your fingers and/or a silicone spatula, spread the spinach and cheese mixture evenly over the entire steak.
- Roll the steak into a cylinder and, using kitchen twine, tie the roll securely about every two inches.
- Mix one tablespoons olive oil with seasoning salt, pepper and liquid smoke. Brush mixture over the whole outer surface of the steak roll.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-high, heat the remaining oil. Add the steak roll and sear one side for about 1 1/2 minutes. Use tongs to rotate the roll 1/4 turn, searing for another 1 1/2 minutes. Continue until all sides are seared.
- Transfer the roll to a rack, place on a baking sheet or pan and place in oven to roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the roll reads 140 degrees F.
- Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes. Slice, serve, and enjoy!