whole boneless skinless chicken breast
olive oil, divided
garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
1 (8 ounce) bags
pre-washed Baby Spinach
red bell pepper, roasted, skinned, seeded and cut into thin strips
( can substitute bottled just as good)
1 1/2 cups
( preferably low-sodium)
fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
gorgonzola, cut into 1 cubes
( or other mild, creamy blue cheese)
salt and pepper
pine nuts, toasted
freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Cut chicken into ½--inch pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan and sauté chicken pieces until just cooked through, around 5 minutes. Remove chicken and pan juices to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil in same pan and sauté garlic until translucent. Do not allow it to brown.
- Add the washed spinach and sauté until wilted. Add chicken broth and red peppers and bring to a boil. Add basil and gorgonzola and stir over medium-high heat until cheese melts completely.
- Add drained pasta, chicken and juices to sauté pan and heat for 1 minute, mixing thoroughly with vegetable-cheese mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.