1 (15 ounce) boxes
refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
4 1/4 ounces
( milk chocolate-covered, peanut, caramel and nougat candy bars such as Snickers)
cream cheese, softened
creamy peanut butter
milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Unroll pie crusts on work surface. With rolling pin, roll each crust lightly into a 12-inch round. With a 3-inch round cutter, cut 24 rounds from crusts, rerolling scraps as necessary.
- Press 1 pie crust round in bottom and up the side in each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups, press them in so that the edges of the crusts extend slightly above sides of cups. Bake 5-7 minutes or until very light golden brown; cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°.
- Cut candy bars in half lengthwise; cut into 1/8-inch pieces; chop coarsely. Place candy bar pieces in bottoms of crust-lined cups, reserving some for garnish.
- Beat cream cheese and both sugars (couldn't get the 2 different amounts of sugar on one line) in or with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in egg until well blended; add sour cream and peanut butter, beating until mixture is smooth. Spoon 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture over candy bar pieces in each tart. Bake at 325° 20-22 minutes or until centers are set. Cool completely (about 30 minutes depending on the temperature of your kitchen).
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream until very warm; remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Spread over the top of each tart. Garnish with reserved candy bar pieces.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving. Cover and refrigerate remaining tarts.