whole chicken wings
( tips removed and cut at the joint)
garlic clove, minced
louisiana hot sauce
bleu cheese salad dressing
- Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Place the wings into the steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry.
- Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Replace the paper towels with parchment paper or aluminum foil sprayed with a little non-stick spray.
- Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn the wings over and cook another 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
- If you are like me and like your wings a little browner and crispier, broil them for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- While the wings are roasting, melt the butter in a small saucepan along with the garlic.
- Pour this along with hot sauce and the optional salt into a bowl large enough to hold all of the chicken and stir to combine.
- Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to the bowl and toss with the sauce.
- Serve warm with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks if desired.