hot mashed potatoes
1 1/2 cups
( 110 to 115 degrees)
2 (1/4 ounce) package
active dry yeast
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
6 1/2 cups
1 1/3 cups
packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
confectioners' sugar icing, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and mashed potatoes.
- Add water and yeast; mix well.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
- Meanwhile, combine filling ingredients and set aside.
- Stir dough down;mix in butter, eggs and salt.
- Gradually stir in flour.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface;knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Divide dough in half.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 12in.
- by 12 inch square.
- Divide filling and spread over each square to within 1 inch of the edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Place in a greased 9 by 9inch baking pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Drizzle with a confectioners sugar icing if desired.