french 9-grain bread, sliced in half
extra virgin olive oil
1 (16 ounce) jars
( or medium or hot salsa to taste)
1 1/2 cups
shredded Mexican blend cheese
( 4 cheese blend)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup
1 1/2 teaspoons
fresh lime juice
fresh cilantro, finely snipped
scallions, finely chopped
finely chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lay sliced French bread cut side up onto a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine oil, cumin, and garlic powder; stir.
- Brush the seasoned oil mixture onto the cut side of both bread halves with a pastry brush. Spread salsa evenly on top of bread halves. Sprinkle the halves with the Mexican cheese and top with crumbled Parmesan cheese or queso fresco cheese. Place into 425*F. oven.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is good and crusty.
- While the bread is baking, prepare the relish.
- In a medium size bowl, mix avocados, lime juice, cilantro, scallions, garlic, celery salt, and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Allow to cool a few minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice bread halves across into 2 inch strips.
- To serve put salsa bread strips on a nice plate or platter with avocado relish in a separate bowl. Enjoy!