lean ground beef
green bell pepper
red bell pepper
sliced fresh mushrooms
( reserve a little for the top)
1 1/4 cups
1 (14 ounce) jars pasta sauce or 1 (14 ounce) jars
1 (14 ounce) jars
( use pasta sauce jar)
1 (2 1/2 ounce) cans
sliced black olives
( drained (reserve a little for the top)
1 (8 ounce) packages
shredded mozzarella cheese
( 2 cups)
( as much as you want)
salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a oven-proof skillet, brown hamburg, onion, pepper, garlic, and sliced mushrooms for about 5 minutes until meat is cooked through; drain excess fat.
- Add macaroni, pasta sauce, water, and olives.
- Cook until it comes to a slow bubble for about 15 minutes, until macaroni is soft.
- If you are doing this according to the NOTE in the description and are going to transfer it to a casserole, you will do it at this point and continue with other steps.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni on the top.
- Garnish with reserved bell pepper, a few sliced mushrooms, and black olives.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes till cheese is nice and bowned on top.
- Serve directly from the pan.
- You could serve it in my recipe for bread bowls that are made ahead of time.