1 (6 ounce)
prepared reduced fat graham cracker crust
1 (8 ounce) cartons
nonfat sour cream
1 (8 ounce) cans
crushed pineapple in juice
1 (1 ounce) package
fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 teaspoons
vanilla extract, divided
1 (1 1/3 ounce) packages
whipped dessert topping mix
( Dream Whip)
Splenda granular, artificial sweetener
- In a large bowl, mix whipped topping mix, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Add Splenda and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Beat on high speed for 4 minutes or until topping thickens and forms peaks.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix crushed pineapple (including juice) with pudding mix, sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon rum extract.
- Gradually add whipped topping mixture into pineapple mixture, folding gently to incorporate.
- Spoon pie filling into prepared reduced-fat graham cracker crust.
- Cover and chill overnight before serving.
- Note: Using whipped topping mix rather than prepared, fat-free, non-dairy whipped topping will ensure a better texture and will allow the pie to better maintain its shape.