1 1/2 tablespoons lard or 1 1/2 tablespoons
( or liquid from the peppers)
roasted red pepper
( or spinach or whatever you want)
- Sift together flour and salt into a bowl.
- Work lard or shortening into the flour with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- In a blender or mini-food processer, blend water and ingredient of your choice together so there are no big chunks.
- Make a well in the flour and slowly stir in the liquid. Stopping when flour is moistened. Add more flour or water if needed.
- Knead lightly until smooth and form into a ball. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into balls roughly smaller than a ping pong ball.
- On a lightly floured wooden surface, roll out each ball until very thin. Cut off rough edges if desired.
- Cook tortillas on a hot ungreased pan for a minute or two on each side.
- Keep warm in a bowl covered with foil or a damp towel.