of small cabbage
light soy sauce
regular soy sauce
Uncle Ben's converted brand rice, uncooked
( not instant)
- Cut tenderloin in half (freeze remaining or you can use it all in this dish).
- Slice tenderloin into bite size pieces.
- Dust with flour.
- Grate carrots, celery, and cabbage (either grate or finely chop).
- Finely chop garlic, thin slice green onions.
- 1st pan- heat 3 tbs oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil, when hot add tenderloin and cook until no longer pink, add garlic at end, cook for 3 minutes, then add 3 wooden spoonfuls of lite soy sauce, cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add veggie's into the meat, stir and cook about 5-10 minutes.
- 2nd pan- heat 2 tbs oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil unti hot- add dry rice and coat with oil, stir for 3 minutes until light brown.
- Then add water and stir.
- Take meat and veggie's and add with rice, add curry powder.
- COVER with tight fitting lid (I use foil to seal the pan) over medium high heat for about 25 minutes.
- Stir twice to keep from sticking to bottom of pan.
- Mixture will be wet- test rice to see if done.
- Once rice is done remove the lid, lower heat add 2-3 wooden spoonfuls of regular soy sauce and cook until pretty dry.
- Should take about 10-15 minutes.
- You can add- frozen pea pods or corn durning the last 15 minutes.
- This will freeze well!
- To make enough for 6 people use the whole tenderloin, triple the amount of carrots and celery and cabbage.
- Do Not increase sesame oil or curry powder.
- Use 2 cups dry rice and 6 cups water.